Google Summer of Code 2019
The phpMyAdmin project is excited to announce our student projects for the 2019 Google Summer of Code. We’ve had many great applicants and it is unfortunate that we were only able to accept these three.
- Apoorv Khare will be working on a series of general improvements, fixing bugs and adding improvements to the interface,
- Mohit Kuri’s projoct is to to refactor and improve the Designer interface, and
- Nupur Agrawal has been selected to convert the user interface to Bootstrap 4. These changes will make it easier for developers to maintain a consistent style and appearance throughout the application.
This year, the mentors from phpMyAdmin were pleased with the amount of student support; many students joined the conversation on Gitter and other forums to help other students with their applications and offer their support of each other. This response was overwhelming and reflects wonderfully on the student applicants.
Students who were not selected are welcome to continue to contribute to the phpMyAdmin community and, for those who will be eligible next year, we hope you’ll apply again.
Summer of Code is a Google initiative where Google funds college students getting paid for real-world experience and mentorship through open source projects. For many students, this is the first exposure to an open source project. Several phpMyAdmin team members have started as GSoC students. This marks phpMyAdmin’s tenth year of participation in GSoC.
Web Summer Camp 2019
phpMyAdmin’s Google Summer of Code 2018 projects
The phpMyAdmin project is please to announce the students and projects that have been selected for participation in Google Summer of Code 2018.
This year the final selections were exceptionally difficult; we received applications from many students that were worthy of being selected. We wish the best to the students who were not selected and hope they’ll continue to stay involved and apply again next year.
The students and projects are:
- Lakshya Arora, working on general improvements and project enhancements
- Saksham Gupta, improving themes through an automated theme generating tool
- Leonardo Strozzi, improving the use of the Twig templating engine
Google Summer of Code is sponsored by Google and allows college students the opportunity to get paid for work on real-world projects during the summer. The phpMyAdmin project has participated for many years and many new features and enhancements have been incorporated thanks to the work of these students. For more information on GSoC, see their website https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/.
Web Summer Camp 2017
.UK Domain Name Extension – Be Prepared This Summer To Register Your Own
.UK domain name extension – Prepare yourselves for 2014 Summer to enhance your domain portfolio by claiming your domain with this TLD (top level domain) extension. Register your domain name with .UK extension and ensure that no one else claims … Continue reading
Web Hosting UK Blog | Dedicated Servers VPS Hosting Technology Updates