Warning! You know how many business owners and would be bloggers rushed into getting their web hosting service just based on ads they saw on TV, magazines or other mass media? They ended up in remorse because of downtimes and poor support because these web hosting companies spend most of their money on advertising instead of improving their service.
I have all the Invader Zim episodes, and my boyfriend wants me to send them to him. (He lives a good distance away, I can’t just use a flash drive or something like that, they have to be sent via internet.) Except for specials, they are only 15 minutes long. There’s 46 episodes. They are ".avi" files. If I have to, I can convert them to another format, but it destroys the quality. What is the best way to get them to him? I can’t just use YouTube, because of copyright infringements. If there is a file hosting website that will let me post them, that will work as well, they don’t have to be saved to his computer. Thanks for help!
Sarah: Thanks for the advice, but I didn’t ask you to quote a law to me. I don’t care about the illegality, I just want an answer.
Gustaf: Thanks, but I sadly can’t upload them to youtube because of the copyright infringements.
I figured it out everyone. Thanks (or not) for the help.
Do not make the mistake of thinking unlimited bandwidth and diskspace is all you need in a hosting service. There are a lot more to ask yourself before you decide on which web hosting is the best for you.
What Do You Really Need in a Web Host?
Use this list to check for what you truly need:
- Does the company reputation matter to you – the brand name, history, dependability, stability, and profitability of a company can mean a lot to you if you are a web designer, hosting reseller or a website developer.
- General support – what kind of support do you need? Is chat support important? What other support methods do you prefer. What kind of response time can you tolerate?
- Technical support, Sitebuilder and Script Installer – are you tech-savvy or do you need as much help as you can? Do you need to build a website quickly? Do you need to install WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento or other free scripts?
- Support hours – know if you need real 24/7 support. Where are you located?
- Server location – do you know that local, regional, national, or worldwide server makes very little difference to most visitors. Reliability and uptime is more important most of the time.
- Growth possibility – do you need a host that can accomodate your growth? The best website hosts should have options for you to upgrade your plan.
- Backups – can you do your own website backup? Is a good frequency and easy recovery of the backup something you should consider in a host? If what you need is the best online backup, you probably do not want a website hosting after all.
The next step is to understand the ten important factors to identify in an excellent web hosting. An outstanding web host:
- lets you try their service for free or at super low price,
- has friendly Live Chat available 24/7 so it does not matter where you are in the world,
- gives huge webspace at no extra cost,
- offers more than enough bandwidth at no extra cost,
- can be easily upgraded to VPS or one of the best dedicated server plans if and when your business require.
- gives unlimited add-on domains,
- has excellent support and rated at least A+ by Better Business Bureau (BBB),
- has at least 30 days money back guarantee,
- has easy-to-use Site Builder for quick website creation,
- has Fantastico and QuickInstall to quickly install apps like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OSCommerce, ZenCart and more,
The Hostgator reviews will tell you that HG has an amazingly long, 45 days money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $ 0.01 (you need to use the exclusive coupon). Do you know any other hosting company that believe in themselves so much they can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
Best Hostgator Coupons
Click the coupon below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price.
Hostgator Compared with Other Web Hosts
No web hosting service is perfect. If you compare Hostgator with other hosts, they do not offer some things these companies offer:
- Free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $ 10 or less. Do not forget that it is a hassle to take the free domain name you receive at a web host and move it to another host.
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – you do not expect such great service and support at $ 0.01 forever, do you? Hostgator is not one of those free hosting service. It is like they say, you get what you pay for.
If you are unsure if HG can meet your needs, or you have specific question about something, try the Live Chat at HG. They are friendly, fast and knowledgeable. They are available for sales, billing or even technical support for 24/7 at no extra charge.