Compliant hosting leader Layered Tech was among the winners in the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Hosting, North America, released last month. Layered Tech made strong gains on both of the evaluation criteria that Gartner uses to produce its ratings: completeness of vision and ability to execute.
In order to combat against software, music and movie piracy, Google are introducing a new signal to its search algorithm that takes into consideration the amount of DMCA or copyright infringement notices that they receive with regards to a particular … Continue reading
Web Hosting UK Blog | Dedicated Servers VPS Hosting Technology Updates
For starters, there is the difference between SEO (Search engine optimization) and SEO hosting. While most of you know that SEO is the ability of a certain article to be searchable through specific and dedicated key words, SEO hosting comes out as the more complex version of web hosting, only, it hosts certain search engines.
Find Articles, Free Articles Directory | Web Hosting Articles
It is not your fault you got confused. The fact is, not all domain web hosting services are created equal. You need to know what you want so you can get the one best suited to your needs.
I wanna know about the free Web Hosting providers. Which one will have the great quality as well as Best Search engine rankings such as blogger wordpress etc but it must have FTP
Do not make the mistake of thinking unlimited bandwidth and diskspace is all you need in a hosting service. There are a lot more to ask yourself before you decide on which web hosting is the best for you.
What Do You Really Need in a Web Host?
Use this list to check for what you truly need:
- Does the company reputation matter to you – the brand name, history, dependability, stability, and profitability of a company can mean a lot to you if you are a web designer, hosting reseller or a website developer.
- General support – what kind of support do you need? Is chat support important? What other support methods do you prefer. What kind of response time can you tolerate?
- Technical support, Sitebuilder and Script Installer – are you tech-savvy or do you need as much help as you can? Do you need to build a website quickly? Do you need to install WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento or other free scripts?
- Support hours – know if you need real 24/7 support. Where are you located?
- Server location – do you know that local, regional, national, or worldwide server makes very little difference to most visitors. Reliability and uptime is more important most of the time.
- Growth possibility – do you need a host that can accomodate your growth? The best website hosts should have options for you to upgrade your plan.
- Backups – can you do your own website backup? Is a good frequency and easy recovery of the backup something you should consider in a host? If what you need is the best online backup, you probably do not want a website hosting after all.
The next step is to understand the ten important qualities to look for in a superior web hosting. An outstanding web host:
- lets you try their service for free or at super low price,
- has friendly Live Chat available 24/7 so it does not matter where you are in the world,
- gives huge webspace at no extra cost,
- offers more than enough bandwidth at no extra cost,
- can be easily upgraded to VPS or one of the best dedicated server plans if and when your business require.
- gives unlimited add-on domains,
- has excellent support and rated at least A+ by Better Business Bureau (BBB),
- has at least 30 days money back guarantee,
- has easy-to-use Site Builder for quick website creation,
- has Fantastico and QuickInstall to quickly install apps like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OSCommerce, ZenCart and more,
The Hostgator reviews will tell you that HG has an amazingly long, 45 days money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $ 0.01 (you need to use the exclusive coupon). Do you know any other hosting company that believe in themselves so much they can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
Best Hostgator Coupons
Click the coupon below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price.
Hostgator Compared with Other Web Hosts
No web hosting service is perfect. If you compare Hostgator with other hosts, they do not offer some things these companies offer:
- Free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $ 10 or less. Do not forget that it is a hassle to take the free domain name you receive at a web host and move it to another host.
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – you do not expect such great service and support at $ 0.01 forever, do you? Hostgator is not one of those free hosting service. It is like they say, you get what you pay for.
If you are unsure if HG can meet your needs, or you have specific question about something, try the Live Chat at HG. They are friendly, fast and knowledgeable. They are available for sales, billing or even technical support for 24/7 at no extra charge.
Common wisdom holds that because search engine optimization involves various factors and aspects of a website.
Find Articles, Free Articles Directory | Web Hosting Articles
Google recently announced it plans to begin factoring in page speed more heavily with regards to search engine rankings. This change is being made because studies have shown that quicker sites create happier users. Therefore, ecommerce merchants must adapt to this algorithm change. As a merchant, improving your speed will depend on how easily you are able to change several technical factors in the page code.
For those new to ecommerce, page speed should not be your priority. Creating high quality, relevant content is the most important step. On the other hand, for those looking to gain an edge against the competition while giving users the best experience, this adaptation is necessary.
It is important to first assess your website by utilizing the Google Webmaster Tools. This resurce will assess the performance from your website. Google considers any website that takes more than two seconds to load as slow. This equates to a much lower rank of your pages. For those with load times much higher than two seconds, you may need to make structural changes to your website.
To find areas of improvement, use the Firebug extension for Firefox. This will evaluate the performance of your page in 30 different categories. Each item is clickable and provides addition information from Google. Those with the strongest impact on speed will be shown with a small red bullet.
The most common page speed factors include:
- Image optimization
- Browser caching
- Minify HTML and CSS
Browser caching are files stored locally to help web pages load quicker and operate more efficiently. For the majority of web server platforms, you can adjust the expiration of the cache files. Finally, minification is the reduction of extra space and unnecessary characters on a web page. This includes blank lines in the HTML code and extraneous characters.
By improving the speed of your web pages, you will rank higher in Google and make access to your site much easier. The aforementioned tips can help you achieve that speed and efficiency with a minimal amount of work.