Today Hostgator is having an anniversary sale so you can get 50% OFF Hosting, and just for $ 2.95 domain names. What could be better time to make your portfolio website?
It does not matter if you are a web designer in United States or a freelance photographer from Indonesia, you must have a portfolio website to sell your services. First we reveal the best WordPress themes for creating photography and portfolios sites. Then you will see the steps to use one of these gorgeous templates to make a mind-blowing portfolio website to showcase your work.
10 Stunning WordPress Templates to Make a Design/Portfolio Website
- Scroller – a clean, minimalistic and elegant WordPress theme with fully responsive layout. Theme is suited for all photographers, creative, business and portfolio websites. Theme includes lots of advanced features like full-screen sliders, Parallax effects, and scroll – One Page Homepage.
- Skylab – an innovative, touch navigation super smooth hardware accelerated slider designed for photographers, illustrators, graphic designers, art and creative directors, movie directors, architects, luxury businesses or bloggers.
- 907 – a great one page Parallax WP responsive theme with tons of options and features. Unlimited color and background options.
- Tripod – a responsive drag-and-drop layout builder WordPress theme intended to power professional photographers blogs or sites coming with complex image gallery options. You can easily create professional looking site and enable the “Like” feature to let users easily access faved posts and raise their rating.
- Jarvis – the perfect one page parallax template for corporate, agency, nonprofit, freelancer or general business. 12 Home page variations, with background video support. Also includes Mailchimp subscription support for your newsletter, email marketing and mailing list needs. Ultra-responsive design, with 6 navigation styles, customizable backgrounds (colors,images or patterns), Font Awesome icons and many more super-awesome features to keep you busy & satisfied.
- Synergie – a powerful WordPress theme that can be use for everything. With a really innovative system, the homepage can be modified to really fit your need. You can turn on/off any of the 5 modules and stack the the way you want in 10 seconds.
- Titan – designed to look great on every desktop browsers as well as in tables and mobile devices. The theme has built-in gallery and portfolio modules supporting many type including images, videos and custom HTML. e-Commerce ready with WooCommerce support.
- SCRN – a single responsive portfolio wordpress template. Perfect to promote your work or your business. Is compatible with all modern mobile devices. Other than the minimalistic single page design, it also has a blog.
- Bigbang – a fully responsive theme and ability to photostream from Instagram, Flickr, Dribbble, and Pinterest.
- Studiofolio – a very versatile responsive portfolio and blog theme.
These WordPress templates are great for web designers, photographers, architects, artists, graphic designers, 3D/CAD modellers, animators, engineers, videographers, illustrators and logo designers to feature their creativity and talents. For more themes and templates, go visit other WordPress portfolio design at Themeforest.
How to Start a Portfolio Website at Hostgator
These are what you should do next to set up your portfolio website at Hostgator:
- Get a domain name and hosting account at Hostgator ($ 4.98/month and domain for $ 2.95/year if you do it today on 22 October. On other dates, see the coupon below)
- Get a theme of your choice from above
- Install WordPress on your hosting account (use QuickInstall if using Hostgator as hosting)
- Install and configure the theme on your WordPress site
Which Theme To Choose?
Do you want a more advanced, interesting and remarkable effects in the browser? You should try a Parallax-effects theme. One of the big web design trend of the moment is parallax scrolling, which involves the background moving at a slower rate to the foreground, creating a 3D effect as you scroll down the page. It can sometimes be overwhelming, but when used sparingly it can provide a nice, subtle element of depth.
Do you prefer a website that fits multiple screen sizes? Go with a Responsive WordPress theme.
IF you miss the sale at Hostgator, you can still at any time, try Hostgator for almost free and use the coupon code WEBSITELAUNCH or use the coupon below to get 25% off hosting.