Welcome to the release of phpMyAdmin version 4.9.7 and 5.0.4. These are bug fix releases to address packaging problems with 4.9.6 and 5.0.3. Version 5.0.3 includes a few other minor bugs as well.
Fixed in both:
- Two factor authentication was broken
- Incompatibilities with older PHP versions.
Additional fixes in 5.0.3:
- Fix for cleared search values when a Zoom search fails
- Fixed latitude and longitude swap for geometries in edit mode
- Fix CREATE TABLE not being tracked when auto tracking is enabled
Sorry for the inconvenience.
This is expected to be the last release of 5.0, we have scheduled 5.1.0 as the next phpMyAdmin release.
This is a reminder that phpMyAdmin 4.9 is in the long-term support phase where it will only get important security fixes and critical bug fixes. Users are suggested to migrate to version 5.
Downloads are available now at https://phpmyadmin.net/downloads/
For the phpMyAdmin team,