Online business success doesn’t always happen overnight. In fact, in many ways, successful business owners are everyday people like you and me—the difference is that they have cultivated a unique mindset that takes them beyond the bounds of a normal employee or small-business owner. They take a small idea and turn it into something that sells simply by changing their mindful approach to business.
If you want to become a successful entrepreneur, especially in the online realm, you have to prepare yourself to think big. Here are seven key mindsets from some of the most successful business owners in the world that you might consider adopting if you want to make it big:
- Constructive discontent: Entrepreneurs are not happy with the way things are. They continuously strive to make things better and to be better, which means driving innovation; they don’t let their businesses settle into a routine and are constantly looking for ways to improve and grow.
Photo via: Biography
Take Steve Jobs, for example. Did he settle with just the Macintosh? No. He took his business above and beyond, creating innovative technology for Apple users all over the world. Raise your iPhone high as you salute Mr. Jobs for consistently striving to create better and smarter products, year after year.
- Courage: Entrepreneurs recognize that playing it safe only puts limits on what is possible. They are up for a challenge, setting aside fears to take risks in order to do something beyond what is comfortable. In business, smart entrepreneurs do not let fear keep them from bold action.
Photo via: Biography
Mark Zuckerberg took a huge leap of faith when he created Facebook. At age 30, he ranks as one of the richest people in the world, all thanks to his genius idea of creating a site to connect friends. Without his courage and ability to remove doubt from his mind, Facebook would not be what it is today.
- Confidence: Entrepreneurs exude confidence and positivity. They don’t tolerate negative thinking, poor attitudes, or self-doubt. They trust that they make smart decisions and don’t let minor setbacks affect their way of doing business. Confident entrepreneurs allow mistakes to mold them and help them build strong enterprises.
Photo via: Tell Me Nothing
Self-made billionaire Mark Cuban is a great example of a confident entrepreneur. His father once told him, “Do the work. Outwork. Out-think. Out-sell your expectations. There are no shortcuts,” and he has followed that advice to a T. His confidence has molded his business above and beyond anything he could have ever imagined.
- Clarity: Entrepreneurs have laser focus. They don’t allow themselves to get taken off-track by distractions. A smart entrepreneur has self-selected goals that he or she pursues with tenacious focus. If something does not contribute to business success, a good entrepreneur is going to cut it out.
Photo via: New York Times
SumALL CEO Dane Atkinson says that the key to any business success is focusing on what you do best and believing that saying no to certain ideas leads you to more brilliant ideas down the road. Don’t allow yourself to get distracted; follow this simple formula and pursue those goals.
- Vision:Successful entrepreneurs have the big picture in mind at all times. They don’t get bogged down in the details, but instead see the purpose behind every business activity and pursue why they got into this business in the first place: because they love it.
Photo via: Daymond John
FUBU founder Daymond John has learned over the years that there are more important things than chasing the almighty dollar, namely doing what he loves and not getting caught up in the everyday bustle. When your eyes are fixated on creating a business that serves what you enjoy, success will follow.
- Passion: Entrepreneurs on top are always personally invested in their work. By loving what they do, entrepreneurs inspire their teams to do more than merely show up. They get all their employees engaged in the business and motivated about the future of the company.
Photo via: Corporate Executives
When Larry Page co-founded Google in 1998, he never imagined it being the giant that it is today. He was passionate about connecting people to what they were searching for. When you stay passionate about what you’re doing, your business wins.
- Comfortable with failure: Entrepreneurs deal well with failure. They know that falling short of their goals is just a way to learn more about how to succeed. Because entrepreneurs never give up and are passionate about what they do, they are able to keep moving forward despite any setbacks.
Photo via: Yahoo Finance
Lululemon founder Chip Wilson realized early on that setbacks were bound to happen to every business at some point or another. He believes learning to be comfortable when you don’t know it all is key, as is asking for help when you need it. Falling and getting back up is critical to the success of any company.
There are no magical steps for success when it comes to being a smart online entrepreneur. It all boils down to having the right mindset. Once you’ve changed your ways of thinking, you too can lead your team to a successful small business and beyond.
Entrepreneurs can turn to IX Web Hosting for their web hosting needs. We offer a variety of flexible hosting plans with unlimited shared hosting, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited server space, and incredible hosting support.