The phpMyAdmin team announces the release of the 4.7.0-rc1, which is planned to be the final release candidate before 4.7.0 becomes stable later this month.
This version is available for public testing before the actual release of 4.7.0. You can see existing issues or log new ones at https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/.
A complete list of new features and bugs that have been fixed is available in the ChangeLog file or changelog.php included with this release.
Changes since 4.7.0-beta1:
- Show all databases in dropdown selector, including the current one
- Better defaults when creating a multi-field foreign key
- Improved support for TokuDB
- Improved handling of LoginCookieValidity, this should improve certain cases where users were getting logged out prematurely
- Fix an error that could occur when copying a database (related to pmadb/Configuration Storage metadata)
- Fixed OpenDocument exports
- Fixed alignment of NULL values
- Removed error message about client and server version mismatch
- Compatibility fixes when running under HHVM 3.18
- Fix the version check when curl is incorrectly configured
- Change the default export setting for Excel files; now the default is to include column names in the first row. This is always configurable with $ cfg[‘Export’][‘excel_columns’]
A few highlights of changes before 4.7.0-beta1:
- Log failed authentication attempts to syslog (useful for parsing by fail2ban, for example)
- Add filtering for the database list
- Add table filtering to the database ‘Structure’ tab
- Add support for exporting user settings as a config.inc.php snippet
- Add option to delete settings from browser storage
- Changes to the JSON import and export format to better follow the JSON specification, however this breaks
compatibility with older versions. See https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/import_export.html#json
- Support for IPv6 proxies
- Allow more connection parameters for the controluser connection
- Rename ‘Relations’ to ‘Relationships’ in many places as it’s a more correct term
- More documentation for export configuration options
- Remove support for Swekey authentication
- Remove support for old, unsupported versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Removed $ cfg[‘ThemePath’]
Starting with this version, phpMyAdmin uses Composer to manage PHP library dependencies while under development. Users downloading the official source distribution will not notice a difference, however users of the git repository should refer to https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/setup.html#installing-from-git for details.
Also beginning with this version, we’ve made some changes to the files available for download. There are now three different packages available:
english are the same downloads we’ve offered for some time, the former featuring all languages for which we have a reasonable amount of translations and the latter being a smaller English-only download. We have added a
There are many more improvements; please refer to the ChangeLog for full details.
As always, downloads are available at https://www.phpmyadmin.net
Thanks to our sponsors for helping to make this work possible!
The phpMyAdmin Team