Winter is right around the corner, the weather is getting colder and we only have a few more weeks until Christmas! No matter if the weather outside is frightful or not, we are still working hard on a lot of various things. Here are a few of the things that have been keeping us busy over the past month.
- Want to work with us? There are several positions open at Site5! We are a team that is just over 100 team members strong and allow you to work from the comfort of your own home no matter where that might be.
- Our technology team is working on getting upgrades done from MySQL 5.1 to MySQL 5.5 and everything has been smooth sailing thus far.
- On the security front, we are working on ways to enforce stronger passwords for cPanel and SiteAdmin. Remember, your best passwords are those that contain numbers, punctuation and a mixture of capitalized and lowercase letters.
- Have you visited the Site5 Knowledge Base lately? There are currently 1,336 articles on there covering such topics as: Getting Started, WordPress Optimization Tips and How To: Generate & Restore Backups. Have any suggestions for articles you’d like to see?
- There is word in the pipeline that we will soon have a new hosting location to provide to you. Where will it be?
This has been a great year for Site5. Over the past year we have seen:
- Our new billing/CRM system (that will power Backstage soon) continues to be tested, tweaked and perfected. We’re currently discussing customer Beta plans & possibilities as well as the different paths to getting everyone into the new system!
- Transition of our DNS system to make it geographically redundant
- Tons of server updates and improvements
- Boosting the visibility we have into server performance and uptime with a new server monitoring system
- Check out the other updates and news we’ve had over the past year
That is it for the December update. From everybody at Site5, we hope you all have a happy holiday season. Have questions? Make sure you leave them in the comments!
The post State of Site5: December 2014 appeared first on Site5 Blog – Web Hosting Built For Designers & Developers + Their Clients.