Happy Holidays! I don’t know about you, but 2013 seemed to fly by. It’s time to review the last twelve months!
Recapping some 2013 advancements:
- European cloud hosting was launched in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Unmanaged VPS was launched in six locations: Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, Washington DC, Amsterdam, and Singapore
- We started offering the goMobi mobile website builder and .mobi domain registrations
- We started offering SSL certificates
- Our Malware scanning/protection service was launched
- PHP received a facelift on our servers 🙂 PHP 5.4 was added, PHP 5.3 replaced 5.2 as the default handler, and PHP is now served via FastCGI
We added shared, reseller, and VPS hosting in three locations:
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Bucharest, Romania
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
We also made some pretty significant changes to customer service:
- We began routing tickets automatically to staff
- We added real-time “happy” or “sad” instant feedback to tickets
- We introduced the ability to submit feature ideas via this blog
Our design team released four free premium WordPress themes:
Lastly, we’re proud to have grown our staff 25% from last year. We’re up to 114 team members!
While certainly not everything we’ve worked on this year, it’s definitely a nice overview.
We hope everyone has a great and safe holiday season! Here’s to an even better 2014. 🙂
The post State of Site5: 2013 appeared first on Site5 Blog – Web Hosting Built For Designers & Developers + Their Clients.