My friend and I are starting up a website in the next couple of weeks and I’d like to get some advice.
Firstly, the website is an online comic in a similar fashion to Penny Arcade, except it’s not about computer games. It will be updated bi-weekly.
What I want to know is:
1) Are there any recommendations on hosting sites? I saw an advert in a magazine for 123-reg.co.uk and seems like a good deal. But does anyone have any other hosting sites I can look at to compare?
2) How effective are Ad Words or Pay-per-click advertising? I’ve been looking into advertising on Google and Facebook for the first few months to boost traffic. Does anyone have any tips on using PPC (Pay-per-click) advertising or other forms of advertising? NOTE: I will submit the site to all the top search engines, and I will not be using one of those automatic services.
3) We’re hoping to make a bit of cash on the side from advertsing. Obviously I’ll be spending money on actually getting traffic to the site first, but does anyone have any tips or recommendations with regards to this?
Finally, any other advice or links to websites that will help with getting a website up and running and gaining traffic, advertising the site, or gaining money from advertising will be appreciated.
Some thought that creating and publishing their website on the internet would cost them much. Some even thought that it would be difficult if they would do it on their own.
You don’t need to spend much when it comes to creating and publishing your website on the internet. You just need to get your own domain name and a premium web hosting account. You can register your domain name at any accredited best domain registrar like Godaddy and Namecheap. And as well as get the best cheap web hosting provider that meet your web hosting requirements like Hostgator, Ipage, Justhost, and Inmotion Hosting.
Additionally, you don’t need to hire web designers or developers in creating your site. You could enjoy in making your site by yourself using content management system such as WordPress and Joomla which can be easily installed via auto-installer like Fantastico and QuickInstall that can be found in your cPanel. They are user-friendly and most of all have available templates and plugins that you can integrate in your website.
To answer the above query, here are 7 factors to look for in a good web hosting. An excellent hosting:
- has at least 30 days money back guarantee,
- gives more-than-enough diskspace,
- offers unlimited bandwidth,
- gives multiple add-on domains,
- has easy-to-use Site Builder,
- has Fantastico and QuickInstall to quickly install apps like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OSCommerce, ZenCart and more
- can be easily upgraded to VPS or one of the cheapest dedicated server plans if and when your business require.
Best Hosting 2013
Answering the above question, why not try Hostgator. If you are building your first website and needs a hosting plan, experts usually highly recommend going with Hostgator because they are the best domain hosting around.
What if you find out that Hostgator sucks after you signed up with them? HG has an amazingly long, 45 days money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $ 0.01 (you need to use the special coupon). Do you know any other hosting company that can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
How to Get an Unlimited Hosting Plan for Only 1 Cent
Click the coupon below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price with the Hostgator coupon 2013 below.
Why You May Want to Avoid Hostgator
To be honest, no web hosting service is perfect. Drawback of Hostgator includes:
- No free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $ 10 or less. That is fairly cheap considering a domain name costs no more than a few cups of coffee.
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – well, they need to make money too and all the support and great service do come with a cost
If you are still not sure if HG is right for you, or you have specific query about anything at all, try the Live Chat at HG. They are fast and knowledgeable. Just shoot them some questions before you decide.
More than 7 million site owners depend on Hostgator for their hosting need.
HostGator is having a 20% off sale right now but we have got a better deal for you. Just enter WEBTEMPLATE in the coupon code field when you buy any HostGator hosting plan and you’ll get it for 25% off!