A relative asked me to help her create a new website for a bar/restaurant she runs because I am better with computers than most people she knows. However I have never created a business quality website before, at best I have made personal forums or websites hosted for free that all look funky. So I am looking for the best process to help me out like where’s the best place to get a domain name? What programs would be the most helpful in creating the pages, layouts, etc or is there even one? How much will the total price to put up the website cost? Anything that could teach me or guide me in how to create the best website I can. If anyone has any tips, suggestions, links, anything like that, it would be much appreciated.
In creating a business website, you need a customize domain name and a reliable web host. Your domain will give the unique identity of your website. You can register your domain at Godaddy or any accredited domain registrar. After you have your domain, next is to find a web reliable web host. Given below is our web host recommendation.
1. When you are finish in having your web host and domain, you need to configure them. Add your new domain to your hosting account via cpanel. Login to your domain registrar and change the name servers of your domain name. Domain propagation may take up to 48 hours to finish.
2. You can create your website using the following methods:
b. Using content management system like WordPress, Joomla or Drupal which can be easily install via one-click installer.
c. Use templates. Some web hosting providers offer free website templates which you can use and customize.
3. In adding your shopping cart you can use Zencart, Cubecart, and OsCommerce which can be easily installed via one-click installer like Fantastico and QuickInstall then integrate it your website.
In picking a web hosting company don’t just pick randomly weigh in carefully their pros and cons and select the best one. Remember that, your web host will make or brak your online business.
Now let us review the 10 important factors to identify in an excellent web hosting. An outstanding web host:
- lets you try their service for free or at super low price,
- has friendly Live Chat available 24/7 so it does not matter where you are in the world,
- gives huge webspace at no extra cost,
- offers more than enough bandwidth at no extra cost,
- can be easily upgraded to VPS or one of the cheapest dedicated server plans if and when your business require.
- gives unlimited add-on domains,
- has excellent support and rated at least A+ by Better Business Bureau (BBB),
- has at least 30 days money back guarantee,
- has easy-to-use Site Builder for quick website creation,
- has Fantastico and QuickInstall to quickly install apps like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OSCommerce, ZenCart and more,
The Hostgator reviews will tell you that HG has an amazingly long, 45 days money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $ 0.01 (you need to use the exclusive coupon). Do you know any other hosting company that believe in themselves so much they can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
Best Hostgator Coupons
Click the Hostgator coupon codes 2013 below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price.
Hostgator Compared with Other Web Hosts
No web hosting service is perfect. If you compare Hostgator with other hosts, they do not offer some things these companies offer:
- Free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $ 10 or less. Do not forget that it is a hassle to take the free domain name you receive at a web host and move it to another host.
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – you do not expect such great service and support at $ 0.01 forever, do you? Hostgator is not one of those free hosting service. It is like they say, you get what you pay for.
If you are unsure if HG can meet your needs, or you have specific question about something, try the Live Chat at HG. They are friendly, fast and knowledgeable. They are available for sales, billing or even technical support for 24/7 at no extra charge.