The second half of the year has commenced, and we’re quite happy with the momentum that we achieved in the first half, with several key projects progressing really well! Here’s a quick look at the main updates since our last State of Site5 post:
- We had reported in a previous post that we were working on routing tickets automatically to staff in order to increase support efficiency. It has been more than a month since this rolled out, and looking at our ticket stats we can confidently say that this has been a big success!
- We continued to give back to the community by releasing another free WordPress theme. We hope you like this one too.
- As we had reported in this post, Blesta has opened up its v.3 beta to our customers. All of you resellers who use Blesta for billing and hosting automation may want to give it a spin! The post has instructions on how to get a v3 beta license.
- We’re still hiring and have a number of open positions. If you know of anyone who is qualified for any of those positions and wants to have an amazing work life at an awesome company, please have them apply!
- We’re working hard at providing more hosting locations for customers. We’re considering datacenters in Hong Kong, Mexico, and Houston, Texas. We follow a very rigorous selection process as we want to make sure customers get only the best. When we add further locations we will be sure to announce them here of course!
- WordPress recently released v3.5.2 to fix several security problems. We hope you noticed our recent blog post about it and have upgraded your WordPress installations to ensure that they’re protected against any security compromise.
- We have been working on integrating CloudFlare into our managed platform. The underlying systems are almost complete and will be deployed soon.
- We’re also almost ready with the Passenger update (with multi-Ruby version support) and it should be deployed soon.
- We upgraded cPanel to 11.36 across the whole fleet. We’re also upgrading Percona (MySQL) on all servers from version 5.1 to 5.5.
- Work is progressing on the Unmanaged VPS launch and we’re currently testing the backend interfaces privately. No official ETA yet for its launch, but it is coming soon!
That’s it from me for now. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments!