It is May and the days are getting hotter in most parts of the world. The action is hotting up here at Site5 too as we have been busy working on some really important (and exciting!) stuff, all with the larger goal of giving you the best web hosting experience that money can buy!
Here’s a quick recap of what is going on:
- Our software development team has been hard at work on revamping our billing & CRM system that will eventually replace the backend that powers Backstage. This is a significant rewrite from the ground up so it is will take time and there isn’t any ETA as of now. Our engineers are also working on other important internal projects, such as creating tools for staff that they can use to get things done a lot faster on our platform, such as installing SSL or making changes for Google apps to work. These tools will enable our staff to serve you significantly faster!
- We’re working on setting up our helpdesk to route tickets automatically to staff members. We feel this will make our support process more efficient. This also serves as a base to test further ideas, such as routing tickets to the same staff member that worked it last, however all that is a long way ahead.
- We have been in hiring mode for a while now, and a lot of positions have been filled. However, there are still some open positions so if you know of anyone who is qualified and interested in working for us, please send them over to our careers page. Site5 allows its employees to work from the comfort of their home and we greatly value work life balance.
- Staying true to our commitment of providing free wordpress themes to the community, we will be releasing a new theme shortly, and work has begun on another new theme as well!
- The recent attacks against WordPress websites have fueled our resolve to improve our defenses against similar attacks and traffic surges in the future. Our Technology team has been spending most of their time in these past weeks devising robust solutions to these problems in order to make sure that Site5 is more equipped than ever before to combat such attacks.
- We will be adding a new location soon in Eastern Europe. More specific information on that soon, but I can tell you that it starts with Ro and ends with Mania!
- Our Research & Development team has been putting in a lot of work on our custom kernel that is being designed to improve the way server resources are used. We aim to further increase efficiency and performance across our fleet with this new kernel.
- We are evaluating the upgrade process to cPanel 11.36. Our current cPanel version (11.32) will soon reach end of life, so we want to make sure that we can safely upgrade to the newest version without any problems.
- Work continues on switching the default PHP version across our fleet to PHP 5.3 and adding support for PHP 5.4. This is nearly done, with most of the shared/reseller servers having been switched over already.
That is it for now, until our next monthly State of Site5 post – take care and enjoy summer time!