Here is a common question we hear often from our website design clients:
I took a few hundred event photos and I’m trying to send them all to the people that ran the event. I tried this Picasa program and was disappointed because the image quality is significantly degraded. I know Flickr doesn’t degrade the image quality, but I don’t want to fill my Flickr page with hundreds of event photos.
Are there any other options? Should I get a web hosting and have more control over the quality of photos I upload and share?
Solution: The best option for you is to build your own website showcasing your photos. In this way, you are ensure that your photo quality is not degraded. You can use platforms in building your website like WordPress and Joomla. These said platforms have readily available templates and plugins/extensions that you can in showcasing your photos.
To start you need to have a domain and a web host. You can use any domain that you may think of. You can register it through any best domain registrars available. You also need a web host which is responsible for the visibility of your website. Showcasing your photos needs a huge web space so free hosting is not meant for you.
The next step is to understand the ten important factors to look for in a superior web hosting. An outstanding web host:
- lets you try their service for free or at super low price,
- has friendly Live Chat available 24/7 so it does not matter where you are in the world,
- gives huge webspace at no extra cost,
- offers more than enough bandwidth at no extra cost,
- can be easily upgraded to VPS or one of the best dedicated server plans if and when your business require.
- gives unlimited add-on domains,
- has excellent support and rated at least A+ by Better Business Bureau (BBB),
- has at least 30 days money back guarantee,
- has easy-to-use Site Builder for quick website creation,
- has Fantastico and QuickInstall to quickly install apps like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OSCommerce, ZenCart and more,
The Hostgator reviews will tell you that HG has an amazingly long, 45 days money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $ 0.01 (you need to use the exclusive coupon). Do you know any other hosting company that believe in themselves so much they can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
Best Hostgator Coupons
Click the Hostgator coupon code2012 below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price.
Hostgator Compared with Other Web Hosts
No web hosting service is perfect. If you compare Hostgator with other hosts, they do not offer some things these companies offer:
- Free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $ 10 or less. Do not forget that it is a hassle to take the free domain name you receive at a web host and move it to another host.
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – you do not expect such great service and support at $ 0.01 forever, do you? It is like they say, you get what you pay for.
If you are unsure if HG can meet your needs, or you have specific question about something, try the Live Chat at HG. They are friendly, fast and knowledgeable. They are available for sales, billing or even technical support for 24/7 at no extra charge.