Do not go by the size of the tweet, which is just 140 characters, look at the impact a single tweet can have on your business.
Twitter has slowly but surely gained momentum and is being seen as a great social networking tool that is worth spending valuable time and energy on.
There is a reason this site attracts millions of successful business owners and others. In order to achieve success with Twitter, it is necessary to learn how to use it the right way.
Communication with other Twitter users is done through tweets. When someone follows your tweets, they will see all your updates. You can find individuals or businesses that you would like to keep in touch with. This site allows its users to communicate as often as they wish. You can intimate people whenever there is a new product or service, or even if you just wish to share some interesting information. Businesses and individuals ensure they keep their followers up-to-date. Twitter is almost like a mini blogging platform.
Here is how you can use tweets to achieve success in business:
Look for businesses or people who can be beneficial to you and your business. You may just be looking for some good contacts or people who can be potential clients. Make sure you are not wasting your precious time on Twitter with people who have no interest in your business and will be of no use to you in the future.
Offer value to your followers
Twitter is used by people for different purposes. Some may just use it to make friends and others to improve their businesses. If you belong to the second category, you must keep your followers highly interested in you by offering them valuable information or posting informative links often. This will also attract others who are ahead of you in your niche and give you ample opportunity to connect with them.
Twitter has many applications that can be used by all Twitter users. You can take advantage of them to be in the forefront.
- Facebook for Twitter application – This is an excellent application that allows users to connect their Facebook updates and Tweets. It helps you update your status on both these sites at the same time.
- Ping.fm – Imagine if you could update your status on several social networking sites at once. Ping.fm allows you to do just that.
- TwitterFox – Do you use Firefox? You will love this application that lets you see updated Tweets directly from the web browser.
- TweetLater – This is a beautiful application that helps you keep in touch with Twitter even while you’re away from your computer. With the help of this tool, you can schedule your tweets to be posted when you are away. It will also send you emails of any activity you choose, allowing you to stay closely in touch with what is happening.
- Twellow – This is like the yellow pages. It is a search directory that lists people by profession, area of expertise, or other attributes based on their personal profiles. Helps you find people in your niche.
- Tweet Effect – This one gives you information on which Twitter updates made people follow you or leave you. This works as a great analysis tool to find out which tweets attract people.
These are just a few of the important Twitter tools and there are many more. While Twitter offers unlimited possibilities, it is necessary to exercise caution. Do not get so caught up with all the tweets you receive that you forget your goals. Reply only to tweets that are of interest to you and may help you further your business interests.
Having said that, it is important to come across as a friendly business person rather than a die-hard salesman! After all, Twitter is a social networking site!
Looking for web hosting? Check out Hostmonster.com! Get professional web hosting for only $ 4.50 a month!