Hey everyone! Time sure flies.. it seems like I was just writing October’s State of Site5 post! Maybe that’s what happens when you’re busy. 🙂 Hope everyone had a great Halloween and that all you parents didn’t “test” too much of your kids’ candy!
We post a State of Site5 update once a month to let our current and future customers hear about what we’re working on and give a behind-the-scenes glimpse into our company.
Here’s a rundown of what we’ve been working on:
- PHP 5.3 is now available on all servers! Usage is opt-in, so jump on over to the announcement to see how to utilize it if you would like to give it a whirl.
- Geo-located Servers. As Ben blogged, we’re working out the details and specifics of geo-located servers! We will update the blog with news on how this is going very soon.
- Work still does continue on SiteAdmin 2.0. Development is coming to a close, and then we will be beta testing and whatnot. A tweet this week made us laugh though.. trust me, SiteAdmin 2.0 is not just a figment of our imagination! It absolutely will be completed!
- We’ve installed the web.py python framework on all servers in our fleet. Head over to Vince’s announcement for the specifics.
If there’s anything you would like installed globally like we did for web.py, please submit your comment and we’ll be happy to take a look!
Now for some things we’re working on but no firm timeframe:
- An expanded, revamped, and revitalized self-help documentation center. The wiki needs some (okay, a lot) love, and we’re going to be spending quite a bit of time to ramp it up.
- We’re looking at expanding our telephone support hours. We’re not sure what the new hours will be, but it’s something we’re actively investigating.
As a nice little extra, our designer whipped up a nice Thanksgiving desktop wallpaper for everyone. Happy Thanksgiving in advance from everyone at Site5!
As always, if you have any questions please post in the comments or on the official post in the forum. Thanks for your continued support!