Happy belated New Year! Somehow I completely forgot to post this earlier in the month! Since I’m already so late in posting this, instead of just recapping the last month, I’m going to be reviewing the past year.
Major 2010 Highlights:
- Our Shared Cloud Hosting product was launched!
- Our Clould VPS Hosting product was launched!
- Geolocated server options were launched with a diverse selection of locations: Dallas, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Toronto, and London.
- Backstage received a pretty healthy facelift and navigation update.
- A new Site5.com design was released!
- We released some free premium WordPress themes!
- SiteAdmin 2.0 development was ramped up and is now VERY VERY close to release. Beta will be starting next week most likely.
- After many requests and much testing, we deployed PHP 5.3 to all shared, reseller, cloud, VPS, and managed dedicated servers.
- Numerous server-side improvements including the addition of Ksplice, mod_security, Mercurial, web.py, and Drush.
- We started the migration of older servers to newer hardware; this will last into 2011.
As for 2011, we have some plans that include (in no particular order):
- Launching additional hosting locations such as Australia, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Exact locations will be announced as they become available!
- Reseller cloud hosting and Reseller cloud VPS
- Unmanaged VPS
- SiteAdmin 2.0 released — yes, it will happen!
- Completing the migration of older servers to new hardware.
- We will be beginning a complete rewrite of Backstage and its internal staff-side counterpart to take advantage of new features in Rails 3.
- Our development team will be busy coding tools that will enable our staff to better serve you! Faster assistance + less back-and-forth == happier customers == happier staff 🙂
On behalf of everyone at Site5, a huge THANK YOU to our loyal customers. We’re here to serve YOU, so if you need anything, please let us know here in the comments or forum post! Here’s to a great 2010 and an even better 2011.